ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies
This pathways qualification (ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies) provides the foundation skills and knowledge to use basic applied digital technologies in varied contexts.
The qualification (ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies) is designed for those developing the necessary digital and technology skills in preparation for work.
These individuals carry out a range of basic procedural and operational tasks that require digital and technology skills. They perform a range of mainly routine tasks using limited practical skills and knowledge in a defined context. The qualification is suitable for someone generally performing under direct supervision.
About ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies
This qualification (ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies) targets learners who wish to obtain the ICT20120 – Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies qualification to safely perform foundation digital literacy tasks using a personal computer and a range of software applications and digital devices.
Target learners for this course include:
- Long term unemployed and unemployed
- Early School Leavers
- School Leavers
- New Migrants with English as a Second Language
- Youth at Risk
- Mature Age Workers
ICT20120 Entry Requirements
Candidates must also have access to:
- A PC or equivalent running or capable of running Microsoft Windows 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Internet connection
ICT20120 Course Structure
To achieve this qualification ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies, the candidate must demonstrate competency in 12 units of competency (6 core and 6 elective) which are listed below:
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTEC202 Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- BSBWHS211 Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- ICTICT213 Use computer operating systems and hardware
- ICTICT214 Operate application software packages
- ICTICT215 Operate digital media technology packages
- BSBTEC101 Operate digital devices
- BSBTEC203 Research using the internet
- BSBTEC301 Design and produce business documents
- BSBPEF202 Plan and apply time management
- BSBOPS202 Engage with customers
- BSBOPS201 Work effectively in business environments
ICT20120 Mode of Delivery
ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies is an online self-paced course. Students will receive a unique student login at enrolment and be able to access all learning and assessment materials through the Student Portal. Students are provided with an induction to the course, to outline the learning and assessment processes, support services and other relevant information. Students will be allocated an online trainer/assessor who they need to communicate with regularly throughout the duration of their training. The online trainer/assessor is there to:
- Provide guidance and tuition
- Check on progress at least once a month and for a total of one hour per unit at a minimum (phone, email, Skype, Google Hangouts).
- Mark assessments and provide feedback.
- Be a point of contact for grievances or personal problems that may be experienced.
Students will be required to complete formative activities and summative assessment as they progress, using the Learner Guides, Assessment Workbooks and Learner Exercise Files provided to them. Aside from the IT and Software requirements mentioned previously, all other learning material is provided to the student.
Students will submit work through the Student Portal or email to their trainer/assessor for marking. Submitted work will be marked within 5 days and feedback provided and results entered by the trainer/assessor using the trainer portal.
ICT20120 Course Material
You will be provided access to learning materials including:
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to submit a range of formative and summative assessment items at pre-determined intervals where possible.
Assessment is used to provide candidates with feedback on their progress and to measure their skills and knowledge against the training qualification requirements.
Assessment timelines will be provided on enrolment as part of your enrolment information package.
ICT20120 Payment Options
Fees are payable when you receive your confirmation of enrolment and invoice for the enrolment fee. Fees must be paid within 5 days of receiving this notification from ACSE. We may cancel an enrolment or discontinue training if fees are not paid as required. Payment methods include direct deposit, cheque or credit card via Pay Pal.
Payment can be made in instalments as well. Please contact our student coordinator to ask about instalment options.
This course may be funded through the ACT Skilled Capital* training initiative. Places are limited so enquire now.
This qualification provides opportunity in roles like: